Tuesday, October 19, 2010

She's Like The Wind

So as of recently I am feeling restless in my surroundings. Not restless as in let me buy a new sofa painting and floor lamp and a rug to tie it all together... Restless as in it is growing more and more apparent that there is not that much here for me in Joplin. Of course it goes without saying that my parents are here and they are everything to me. But as for me and Reed... I am thinking about the long term. The closer he gets to Kindergarten the more I realize that if I want to move, I best be planning it now.

I have thought alot about it... Silently of course because once I give this lovely news to my parents all hell will surely break loose. Bartlesville, OK is my favorite option.... It has everything I want and it is my hometown. I love the cultural side of it and the schools and overall environment for kids are great. I love Arkansas if I can ever get past the yucky pigs (razorbacks ughhh) everywhere. Of course going back to NC would be amazing... Cali has come to mind too. Recently though it has occurred to me to perhaps jump in head first somewhere new and different. I have never lived anywhere near a big city.... So I started thinking Chicago. I have never even visited the windy city... I will of course before I decide to live there, but that is later. There are factors in all this that shall remain unspoken but I am considering it very seriously.

I feel so silly for thinking about this. I am an only child and my only family is right here where I am. But I have never just set out on my own, with my own direction completely. Moving to NC wasn't a choice I made or helped make. It was the USMC making it for us. Maybe I am just itching to set my own path because I feel trapped. This place is full of people who just "feel silly" about leaving. Why? Why should I leave when this place has one of the the lowest costs of living, and I am pretty much guaranteed to keep my just above minimum wage job for as long as I want it if I do it right? I have a house, and friends, and family... It's all right here. But I want something more. Seems selfish, but it's how I am feeling at the moment.

So here it is. The savings account for my moving fund will be opened on Friday... and this summer break will be a busy one. I'm ready.

0 comments: