Thursday, November 25, 2010
So it is here... Finally. This day of Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday for so many reasons... Namely the fact that this day is not about anyone getting anything from anyone else. No one wants anything other than togetherness and maybe some rockin food. Which is really how it should be much more often. Christmas has become kind of a joke as I have gotten older... Experiences have jaded me I suppose. I have just realized over time what a selfish day it has become. Anywho... That is a different post.
What am I thankful for? Well whether you would like to know or not, I am about to tell you.
1) My wonderful Family... My son is the light of my life, and even if he lets the bratty 4 year old out once in a while he is overall wise beyond his years and the sweetest kid ever.... My parents are amazing people. I can't be thankful enough for them.
2) My friends... I can't possibly mention every single person that has touched my life this year, but the people that are ALWAYS there... No matter what I need... You guys are amazing. You should know exactly who you are, but in case you didn't... In no particular order: Kim, Josh, Lisa, Claire, Ashley, Yoshie, Patrina..... You guys are my rocks. I am so grateful for you.
3) My health... It may not be ideal at this very second but it is improving... And I feel a little bit more control as it gets better.
4) Hanson. Yes Hanson. I am thankful beyond reason that they have stuck around to give me joy every year and that they are these stellar young men that I am proud to support. They give so much back... And they are humble, gracious people. I can't express the love I feel for them... No that isn't stalker love... That is love gained from years and years of gaining comfort in their lyrics and words, and an overall admiration for them.
5) I am thankful for my job. Mainly the fact that in this economy I can say that I have one... The fact that I love what I do, and the fact that I have been blessed with at least a few people that make it worth it to come in everyday. Yall are wonderful.
6) The fact that Arlo Guthrie is going to be on the Macy's parade and one can only GUESS what he shall sing! (Ahem... Alice's Restaurant....)
7) I am thankful for something I am usually quiet about... But that thing is my boyfriend, Josh. We have been through some rough times, but it has come full circle. I think we have re-found our thankfulness for eachother. Things are going somewhere for us and I couldn't be happier.
I could go on and on, but cooking and parade watching call. Love you guys.