Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

I am sure I will run out of ironic song titles to name my entries with, but I thought it would be amusing.

This week is not going by fast enough... The past few weeks have been pretty busy for us as a family and now things are finally slowing down. It is nice to be less busy, but it is also much more boring. I am ready for the weekend.

Reed is definitely keeping things interesting. He loves to voice his opinions on just about everything. One of our conversations this week:
(He comes in carrying a hermit crab stuffie my mom got him... We had dubbed it Sebastian... Well, I had, since he never came up with anything.)

Me- "Oh, wow, Reed! Is that Sebastian?"
Reed- "No, Mommy."
Me- "Well that is your crab MeMe got you... I thought we named it Sebastian."
Reed- "No, Mommy. Name no Bastian. Name Crabby." *walks away*


I was just kind of surprised... My baby is carrying on conversations. I guess this is the beginning of the end... Today the crab, tomorrow the car.






**Counting My Blessings**
((I have decided to conclude every entry with something I feel thankful for... It could be a person, talent, object... whatever. I think it will be nice to have these to look at if I am feeling down.))



REED



With every day that goes by, I learn more and more about my son. He is kind. His idea of bliss is playing Thomas the Train with Mommy and Daddy. He loves to cuddle. He is much more polite than most adults I know. He is so smart and funny. He sees me as the person I want to be. He says or does something new everyday. I can't believe so many awesome qualities can fit into one little person. Don't get me wrong... He can be quite a pistol. But he does come by it honestly... He is my son, remember? But overall.... I don't know how in the heck I got so lucky.

0 comments: