Monday, August 11, 2008

Sweet Child O' Mine



So this saturday we decided to put Reed in "Big Kid Underpants" (training underwear)... I guess I had this false hope that it would go smoothly and I would have a potty trained kid by today. Well, no. He wore the underwear for about 2 hours on Saturday morning. He was in a foul mood and wanted no part of being told to sit on the potty. So we are playing it by ear now. I am just going to ask him first thing if he wants to wear the big kid pants, and if he says yes we will. I have a little egg timer I set for 30 minutes and that is his "Potty Timer". I think am going to buy a book at Barnes and Noble today called "Potty Training Bootcamp". He is wearing his underwear today... nothing yet. He is currently sitting on the potty and standing every minute or so and looking into it and saying, "Nope, not yet!" as to say he has not yet wee wee'd. This is sure to be an eventful week.

We are HUGE into the Olympics this year. Tyler was gone for the last summer games, so I suppose he feels the need to catch up. I love the summer games... not huge on winter, except for curling. We were watching the men's gymnastics with Reed, and he took quite an interest. He was putting his hands up like the gymnasts do before and after every routine. He especially thought the rings were entertaining. He was cracking up at the men dropping and flipping around! I have been staying up till midnight almost every night to watch the swimming. Last night was AWESOME. The men's relay race was so suspenseful. I was up and cheering at the TV. If you did not know, the French were talking stuff about how they would "smash" us. Well, in the last 100 we pulled ahead and won the race! As exciting as that was... I am even more excited for synchronized swimming. In case you could not tell... I have quite the affinity for offbeat olympic events. Then again... I am a little offbeat myself.




**Counting My Blessings**


MUM
Out of everyone I know and have known in my life, I have found noone willing to stick with me as long as my mother. Now, I know that I am her daughter, and that it is kind of in the job description... but I feel she has gone above and beyond the call of duty so many times for me. Yes we have had our fair share of fights, but I think you will be hard pressed to find a close mother and daughter who never fight. The true point is that she gets me. And I know that no matter what happens, and how many times I screw up, she will always love me. There are not many people in one's life that someone can say that about. She is always there for me. She is a generous and kind spirit. I am so blessed to be her daughter. Now that she is retired, I can't wait to get back to Joplin... There has never been a time in my life that I have seen her truly relaxed. She has always worked somewhere... usually somewhere very stressful. She deserves this. She is the best Mom and Grandmother ever. Reed loves her so much. I am so truly thankful for everything she has done for me my whole life, and for my family these past few years.

0 comments: