Thursday, September 25, 2008

Last Train To Clarksville



Reed watches PBS Kids in the mornings while he eats his breakfast... The past few months they have been advertising Thomas the Train Live in Spencer, NC. Every time he sees this he gets EXTREMELY excited. So we decided to get tickets and go. Next week we are leaving on Friday morning to go to Lexington, NC. We are staying in a lakefront cabin! On Saturday, we are going to see Thomas the Train himself. If he had a shin I would probably give it a swift kick. This train is Reed's obsession... It pretty much drives me crazy, because he refuses to do ANYTHING else when he starts playing with a track. He remembers that Barnes and Noble has a train table, and has a fit everytime we drive by without stopping in there. He calls it the "Mallisary" (Mall+Commisary?? I have no idea.) But anywho... on Sunday we are going to the NC Zoo in Asheboro and then heading home. I am so excited to stay at the cabin! I got Reed a little Diego fishing pole. I think he will have a blast.


Reed is practicing roughing it.


I was a cool mom for a day and built him a tent. He ate lunch in it and everything... I promise he does own clothes. I noticed he tends to be in various stages of undress in all these pictures I post. Part of potty training I guess.

**Counting My Blessings**


MIKE

I really can't express how much he means to me. He was more than my uncle. He was like a second father to me. I still can't believe he is gone. We had so much fun when we were together. It really just hurts to the core that he can't be here today and see Reed... I know they would be best buddies if the two of them got together. I just wish I could talk to him one time... Is he proud? I still talk to him almost everyday. He was just such an easygoing person. We were alot alike. We were both so silly... The two of us had alot of inside jokes... I still order Mountain Dew in King's House and think of him and laugh every time they tell me they just have "Meh-yo Yeh-yo". I find myself wishing that everyone in my life could have met him. I can't wait to meet him at heaven's gates. I know he is watching over me, and now Reed every day. I miss you, Mike.

0 comments: